Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Your Baby CAN read!

But mine can't. I mean not even a single letter word.
So does this make me a bad parent? Probably so. But hey I am trying.

She has the $300 complete Your baby Can Read DVD collection., EVERY single Dr. Seuss book, and I even bought her word puzzles. The kid just has no interest in reading. She says it all the time. For some reason I thought she would naturally be a genius like her mom (yes me). Instead, she is "creative" like her dad. I am at a loss. I can't even read a book to her because she always wants to close the book and make up a new story...WHAT KIND OF STUFF IS THAT?

I am more of a 2+2=4 type of person. She is more of a 2+2 MAY equal 4 but it COULD be something more.
I guess it isn't such a bad thing. She is very inquisitive. I just want her to be more interested in the basics, the foundation, the real stuff.

I guess I have to understand that we are different. And different isn't bad...just different.
With that said, anybody want an almost new copy of Your Baby Can read?

No comments:

Post a Comment