Friday, April 29, 2011

The Problem with 3 year olds

The problem with 3 year olds is that they may very well be smarter than their parents. As a parent it seems to be our job to squash that intelligence into submission. We must prove to these toddlers that we are in fact their superior!

Katy is 3. She is very opinionated and stubborn. I have no clue from where or whom those personality traits came. She believes that I need to provide explanation for everything I say and "because I said so" is not an acceptable explanation for anything.

On any typical day she will ask for some candy. I usually will say no. She will then ask why. I tell her because either a) she has not had breakfast, b) she has not brushed her teeth, or c) she already has had some type of junk for the day. Her response to the no is ALWAYS...so what you mean mommy is that if I a) eat breakfast or b) brush my teeth I can then have candy? Or she will say well mom, I know I had a snack but the snack was not candy it was fruit snacks and this time I want candy. Fruit snack and candy are not the same.

Really kid, you think I don't know that they are not the same. And no you can't have it after you brush your teeth. All you can have is a NAP!

Note to new parents: when all else fails- send the kid to nap. Hopefully they will have forgotten everything by the time they wake up. Hopefully...

I know this is normal for a child her age but gee whiz.

If you have any advice, feel free to help a sista out!

2 comments:

  1. Fruit snack is candy. Jelly candy. Same amount of sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not the one I give her. She gets dried fruit with no added sugar.

    ReplyDelete