Saturday, June 11, 2011

Planning a Birthday Party

My kid will be turning 4 in a few days. She can't wait for her party to get here. I can't wait for it to be over!

 This year's theme is SpongeBob luau. SpongeBob because she likes him, luau because that is what was on clearance this winter :) I even scored a huge bag of luau decor from Craigslist for $10. Hey now!

Tonight I stuffed treat bags and made a bean bag toss game. Oh yeah, Saturday night fun! (not really)

I'm sitting here wondering when kids parties got so darn elaborate. I mean I don't recall having them. I can remember when  birthday party was a cake, ice cream, cousins and friends, and playing outside for like 2 hours. Where did treat bags come from? Where did party games come from? Who in the hell invented jumpers? I need answers!

My kid's party will be a blast for her. And for those of you who think my kid doesn't remember one party from the next...WRONG!!! She does. I guess that's why I put some much effort into them.  Anyway, this is what I have planned so far:

Decorations
Backyard Patio- Mainly Luau with Pineapples for centerpieces. Eating will take place here
Front yard- A home made Welcome to Bikini Bottom Sign in front yard, children's activites
Living room- Jellyfish fields. jelly fish (balloons with crepe paper attached) will hang from the ceiling and blue butcher papers with fish cutouts on wall
Activities
Getting leid-- I have leis for all children in attendance
SpongeBob bean bag toss-- I made it myself. I will take pictures of it at the party
Possibly a jumper--POSSIBLY
Jelly fishing-- kids will use a butterfly net to catch jellyfish (balloons in a wading pool) Jelly fish will be numbered. Numbers indicate their place in line for Mr. Krabs treasure chest
Mr. Krabs treasure chest-- a basket draped with a satin sheet filled with 99 cent store toys
Water play (water balloon toss, sprinklers turned on, etc)--if weather permits

Goody bags
SpongeBob treat bags --bags are SpongeBob paper lunch sacks from 99 cent store
SpongeBob themed candy from Walmart and 99 cent store
Some kaleidoscopes and paddle balls I bought on clearance after Halloween. 50 cents for a pack of 6
SpongeBob stickers from 99 cent store

Food
Krabby patties (burgers)...Maybe, I have no real intentions of cooking on that day
Pizza....probably
Fruit
salad
chips and dip

Well, let me know what you think. I will do a party recap  with pictures next week after it's over. Wish me luck. No, better yet...Pray for me!

1 comment: