Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Black Friday

I shopped until I dropped. Ok, not really. I tried but was quickly conquered by the masses.
You see, this marked my first attempt at Black Friday shopping. I had done my research, saved my money and gift cards, and planned my outfit. I was ready.

Or so I thought.

The plan was simple. My local Walmart had advertised 42in Emerson tvs for $399 or something. I have amassed about $320 in gift cards, so this was a go. Ok, back to the plan. I got up at 4:45 and was at WalMart by 5am. I got there only to realize that My Walmart  had distributed wristbands at MIDNIGHT. NO wristband = NO TV.

I left the stored head bloody but unbowed.

After this defeat, I went home and took a nap. When I awoke, I decided to check out online deals. Guess what? My TV was on walmart.com for the SAME PRICE and it was SOLD OUT! Wait, why did I just use an exclamation point? That was horrible news.

Well, the moral of my story is this. Black Friday shopping sucks! There is no reason to even wake up that early on a day off from work. I got my tv. I paid slightly more for a better quality television than what was on sale. I am happy.

FYI, Macy's has been having a helluva a sale since then and I have had a great time shopping online. I pretty much have a problem. I am out of money and haven't bought anything for my child. I hope Santa comes through this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment